Job Title: Applications Engineer
Department: Cost Estimating Department
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources Manager
Prepared Date: 08/2022
What sets us apart here at Tri-Mation, is we offer a rare opportunity to join a team of focused and dedicated employees who take tremendous pride in their equipment and upholding the company’s 25-year reputation. The owners provide one of the best benefits packages in the industry that includes 100% employer-paid healthcare. Tri-Mation is well-positioned for immense growth in the next several years, including opening other sites throughout the U.S. and enabling opportunities for advancement to the right candidate.
The Applications Engineer develops proposals with general concepts, order of operations, processes, and costs for customers. Partners with cost estimating team and other departments to plan, prepare and complete requests.
As a team member within Tri-Mation Industries, our solutions enable companies to improve efficiency and profitability while continually increasing the quality of products and processes. We are a team of intelligent, dedicated, technical experts who are not only the best in their fields but are committed to a tradition of technological leadership and innovation.
- Prepare machine quotes with cycle time analysis, process PowerPoints, 2D Auto CAD layouts, and cost sheets
- Interpret engineering layouts and data
- Estimate labor hours for the automation equipment build process, including mechanical and electrical design, fabrication, assembly, installation, and customer buy-off process
- Estimates hard costs of proposed automation equipment including raw material and purchased components
- Attend project kick-off meetings with the internal team
- Estimates design and specification changes
- Further calibrate standard cost model for improving speed and accuracy of estimating process
- Maintain knowledge of designs, manufacturing processes, and procedures with direct experience in automation and/or robotic equipment
- Collaborate in developing system proposal presentations to assist in winning business
- Coordinate closely with engineering and manufacturing departments to calibrate proposals
- A team-oriented individual who is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality
- Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned by the department lead
- Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous, and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required
- Support the company with the overall best solutions and outcomes for customers and the company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in programming, robotics, and/or machining in the automation industry helpful
- Manufacturing/Plant experience is preferred
- Proven knowledge of manufacturing and control systems with direct experience in automation systems and/ or robotic equipment
- Prior preparation of quotes and RFQs is highly desired
- Broad knowledge and ability to deliver technical quotes, demonstrating how our service meets customer needs
- Well-developed organization skills, communication skills (written and verbal), and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with other team members
- Proficiency in all Office 365 applications; including Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be authorized to work in the U.S.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, or walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
Download PDF of Job Listing
Send your Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org