Job Title: Controls Engineer
Department: Controls Department
Reports To: Director of Technology
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources Manager
Prepared Date: 05/2021
What sets us apart here at Tri-Mation, is we offer a rare opportunity to join a team of focused and dedicated employees who take tremendous pride in their equipment and upholding the company’s 25-year reputation. The owners provide one of the best benefits packages in the industry that includes 100% employer-paid healthcare. Tri-Mation is well-positioned for immense growth in the next several years, including opening other sites throughout the U.S. and enabling opportunities for advancement to the right candidate.
A Controls Engineer provides technical support and programming for automation equipment, designs, and modifications to one or more of the following sectors: Automotive, Electrical, Life Sciences, White Goods, and Aerospace.
As a team member within Tri-Mation Industries, our solutions enable companies to improve efficiency and profitability while continually increasing the quality of products and processes. We are a team of intelligent, dedicated, technical experts who are not only the best in their fields but are committed to a tradition of technological leadership and innovation.
- Setup, program, modify and maintain a variety of PLC Controls, HMI’s, including the following: Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, and ProFace.
- Develop and install of Vision systems including Datalogic, Congex, and Keyence.
- Integrate motion, Vision, Laser Barcode Scanners, Printers, VFDs, and Robots.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues.
- Support the assembly specification of custom equipment, installation, startup and validation of process control systems, electrical systems and instrumentation for capital and upgrade projects utilizing blueprints and a wide arrange of hand tools, engineering drawings, or specifications.
- Responsible for commissioning and testing of new machinery or equipment upgrades.
- Provide technical support, project documentation, and training to customers.
- Read, interpret and apply lessons learned from electrical schematic drawings, professional journals, equipment manuals, and panel layout drawings using Eplan Software.
- Provide electrical tech support to customers, service and other personnel within the department.
- Produce or assist with producing electrical bills of materials.
- Actively identify, promote and deliver on opportunities for application and training support needs.
- A team-oriented individual who is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality.
- Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance.
- Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous, and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
- Support SCADA functions such as real-time data acquisition.
- Support the company with the overall best solutions and outcomes for customers and the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related education and/or experience
- A minimum of 5 years of Automated Industry or Controls Programming experience with automated or robotic machinery is preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Proven knowledge of manufacturing and controls systems with direct experience in automation systems or robotic equipment
- Prior programming experience in Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, and ProFace is highly desired
- Must have broad knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawing, machine and component part data
- Requires baseline knowledge and ability to create, adopt or maintain programs, demonstrating how our service meets the client’s needs, which is mandatory
- Well-developed organization skills superior interpersonal abilities, good reasoning abilities, and superb written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in all Office 365 applications; including Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be authorized to work in U.S.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, walk or drive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
Download PDF of Job Listing
Send your Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org